Intel® Socket 1151 for 7th/6th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* The maximum memory frequency supported varies by processor.
Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI-D/RGB ports
– Supports VGA with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
– Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
– Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
Supports up to 3 displays simultaneously
- Multi-GPU Support
Supports AMD CrossFireX™ Technology
- Expansion Slots
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
2 x PCI
1 x M.2 Socket 3*1, , with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode & X4 PCIE mode)
1 x M.2 Socket 3*2, , with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA mode & X4 PCIE mode)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology*3
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready *5
Intel® I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
– Supports : Jack-detection, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
– LED-illuminated design – Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
– Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
– Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
– Premium Japanese audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- USB Ports
ASMedia® USB 3.1 controller :
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel, +teal blue, Type-A)
Intel® Z270 Chipset :
1 x USB 5Gb/s port(s) port(s)
Intel® Z270 Chipset :
6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at back panel, +blue)
Intel® Z270 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, )
- Special Features
ASUS 5X Protection III :
– ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
– ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
– ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
– ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
– ASUS DIGI+ VRM: 7 Phase digital power design
ASUS EPU :
ASUS Exclusive Features :
– AI Suite 3
– Ai Charger
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
– Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution & MOS Heatsink
– ASUS Fan Xpert 4 Core
ASUS EZ DIY :
– ASUS O.C. Tuner
– ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
– ASUS EZ Flash 3
– ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
ASUS Q-Design :
– ASUS Q-Shield
– ASUS Q-Slot
– ASUS Q-DIMM
Overclocking Protection :
– ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
M.2 Onboard(The latest transfer technologies with up to 32Gb/s data transfer speeds)
- Back I/O Ports
1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
1 x DVI-D
1 x D-Sub
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
1 x 5Gb/s port(s) USB Type-CTM ( support 3A power output )
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (teal blue)
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue) Type-A
2 x USB 2.0
3 x Audio jack(s)
- Internal I/O Ports
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode & X4 PCIE mode)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA mode & X4 PCIE mode)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x System panel connector
1 x COM port header
1 x AIO PUMP Header
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x SCD
128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI3.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 3.0, ACPI 6.0, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F11 EZ Tuning Wizard, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, Last Modified log, F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
WfM 2.0, DMI 3.0, WOL by PME, PXE
- Support Disc
ASUS EZ Update
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- Operating System
Windows® 10 64-bit
Windows® 8 64-bit
Windows® 7 32-bit
Windows® 7 64-bit
- Form Factor
ATX Form Factor
12.0 inch x 8.9 inch ( 30.5 cm x 22.6 cm )
*When a device in SATA mode is installed on the M.2_1 socket, SATA_1 port cannot be used.
*2. When a device is installed on the M.2_2 socket, SATA_5/6 ports cannot be used.
*3. These functions will work depending on the CPU installed.
*4.Intel® Optane Technology is only supported when using 7th Generation Intel® processors. Before using Intel® Optane memory modules, ensure that you have updated your motherboard drivers and BIOS to the latest version from ASUS support website.
*5. These functions will work depending on the CPU installed.
*6. Windows® 8.1 64-bit and Windows® 7 32/64-bit are only supported when using 6th Generation Intel® Processors
Works With Up To 3 Displays
ASUS Prime is the next evolution of the ASUS motherboard, born of a pedigree that stretches back to 1989. Our team of world-class engineers are passionate about empowering everyone to enjoy the benefits of customization and tuning, and the driving force behind the development of Prime is to make advanced enthusiast controls easily accessible — maximizing performance, stability and compatibility for the very best DIY PC experiences. Simply stated: it’s time for Prime.
Hardware safeguards to ensure long-term durability.
Industry-leading DDR4 memory compatibility for best flexibility and reassurance.
Compatibility with a range of CPUs, memory modules, graphics cards and more.
Extensive testing with latest components for enhanced reliability, compatibility and safety.
DRAM Overcurrent Protection
Stainless-Steel Back I/O
with ASUS Products
Lightning Fast Storage Speed
U.2 via Hyper Kit*
Multiple temperature sources
Each header can monitor and react to dedicated thermal sensors.
All-in-one water-cooling set
Full control of PWM or DC water pumps, perfect for both custom and self-contained cooling setups.
4-pin PWM/DC fan
Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
A dedicated integrated circuit that protects each fan header from both over-temperature and over-current.
- Auto-Tuning modeScans fan parameters and all fans with a single click.
- Extreme Quite modeReduces the CPU fan speed to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet operation and power savings during light loads.
With the Energy Processing Unit you’ll enjoy system-wide power savings — with CPU-wattage reductions of up to 12W*! The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode: A setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers and reducing power to the graphics cards while you’re away.
*Intel LGA1151 i5-7400T, 35W | PRIME Z270-A | DRAM: Samsung 2133MHz 8GB*2 | PSU : Seasonic 400W (SS-400FL, efficiency 90% @ 20% loading) | Fan: VETTE Cooler | HDD : Samsung SSD 840 PRO 256GB| Display Output: HDMI | Windows 10
*Supports 7th Generation Intel® processors. Requires driver and BIOS update.
- Intuitive graphical fan controlFine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
- EZ XMPImprove DRAM performance with a click.
- SATA informationEasily display SATA port details for device identification.
- Fast clock adjustmentUse mouse controls to quickly change time and date settings.
- Last modified logTrack last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
- SATA port renamingRename SATA ports for easy identification.