- AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processor
(Please refer “CPU Support List” for more information.)
- AMD X399
- 8 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB of system memory
- Quad channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR4 3600+*(O.C.)/ 3466(O.C.)/ 3333(O.C.)/ 3200(O.C.)/ 2933(O.C.)/ 2667/ 2400/ 2133 MHz memory modules
* Recommend to use a 1st Gen. Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processor to achieve 3600MHz (O.C.) speed.
- Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules
- Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer “Memory Support List” for more information.)
- Realtek® ALC1220 codec
- Support for Sound BlasterX 720°
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- 2 x Intel® GbE LAN chips (10/100/1000 Mbit)
Wireless Communication module
- Intel® Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band
- BLUETOOTH 4.2, 4.1, BLE, 4.0, 3.0, 2.1+EDR
- Support for 11ac wireless standard and up to 867 Mbps data rate
* Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
- 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2)
- 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x8 (PCIEX8_1, PCIEX8_2)
(The PCIEX16 and PCIEX8 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
(The PCIEX4 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 2 x M.2 connectors (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2M_32G)(M2Q_32G)
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P_32G)
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 10
- Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire™ and 4-Way/3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire™ technologies
- Support for NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ and 4-Way/3-Way/2-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ technologies
- 8 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports on the back panel
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports available through the internal USB header
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x water cooling CPU fan header
- 4 x system fan headers
- 2 x system fan/water cooling pump headers
- 1 x digital LED strip header
- 1 x digital LED strip power select jumper
- 2 x RGB (RGBW) LED strip headerss
- 3 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
- 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 1 x USB Type-C™ header with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header (2×6 pin, for the GC-TPM2.0_S module only)
- 1 x power button
- 1 x reset button
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 2 x temperature sensor headers
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red)
- 8 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
- 2 x RJ-45 ports
- 2 x MMCX antenna connectors (2T2R)
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
- iTE® I/O Controller Chip
- Voltage detection
- Temperature detection
- Fan speed detection
- Water cooling flow rate detection
- Overheating warning
- Fan fail warning
- Fan speed control
* Whether the fan (pump) speed control function is supported will depend on the fan (pump) you install.
- 2 x 128 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- Support for Q-Flash Plus
* The USB flash drive used must be a USB 2.0 flash drive.
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
- Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
System Information Viewer
USB DAC-UP 2
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for APP Center
- Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
- XSplit Gamecaster + Broadcaster (12 months license)
- Support for Windows 10 64-bit
The New, Ultimate Platform for Desktop
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
With up to 16 cores, the AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processor can command 32 threads, the most multi-processing power that has ever been unleashed on a consumer desktop. Overwhelm your workloads with 40MB of processor cache, without sacrificing efficiency thanks to the world-class IPC performance of the “Zen” architecture.
Quad-Channel DDR4 for devastating memory bandwidth, 64 lanes of incredible PCIe® 3.0 connectivity, and native USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gb/s support on a chipset. With every processor multiplier-unlocked to be configured as you see fit, the Ryzen™ Threadripper™ platform is create to keep you on the bleeding edge of tomorrow.Free NVMe RAID Support
NVMe RAID for AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ platform is now supported for free. By combining multiple NVMe SSDs together into a RAID 0, 1, or 10 array, it is possible to greatly enhance disk performance or data integrity. With a single GPU in the system, up to 7 NVMe SSDs array can be supported by GIGABYTE X399 motherboards.
Details and requirements, please refer AMD website: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/NVMe-RAID-Support-for-the-AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-platform.aspx
Base Plated & I/O Shield Armor
– Integrated I/O Fan
– USB DAC-UP 2 USB ports
– Q-Flash Plus USB port
Dual Intel i211AT GbE LAN
Intel® Dual Band 802.11ac Wireless
+ Bluetooth 4.2
USB 3.1 Gen2 (Type-C™+Type A)
Gold Plated Audio Jacks
4-Way CrossFire/SLI Support
Realtek ALC 1220
WIMA Audio Capacitors
Nichicon Audio Capacitors
Digital Pin Header
IR Digital CPU Power Design
(IR Digital PWM + IR PowIRstage® ICs)
Server Level Chokes
Durable Black Solid Caps
Supports AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
Quad Channel DDR4, 8 DIMMs, 3600MHz+(OC)
Ultra Durable Memory Armor
Front USB 3.1 Gen1 Header
Accent LED PCH Overlay
Triple M.2 with Thermal Guard
Ultra Durable PCIe Armor
RGBW Pin HeaderPERFORMANCE4-Way Graphics with Premium 48 PCIe Lanes Bandwidth
GIGABYTE X399 motherboards feature a unique PCI Express design that utilizes 100% of all 48 lanes from the CPU when in a 4-Way or 3-Way graphics configuration providing the full bandwidth available and provide the best graphics bandwidth possible to the user.Triple PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Direct from CPU
GIGABYTE X399 Motherboards are focused on delivering M.2 technology to enthusiasts who want to maximize their system’s potential.Triple M.2 Thermal Guard
With durability in mind, GIGABYTE provides a thermal solution for M.2 drives—Thermal Guard. The M.2 Thermal Guard prevents throttling and bottlenecks from M.2 devices as it helps to reduce and dissipate heat before it becomes an issue.GIGABYTE Ultra-Efficient M.2 Thermal GuardWithout M.2 ThermalResults and varies depending on test configurationMaintained Performance with Thermal GuardThermal Throttling As
Temperature Rises*Results based on actual lab testing TimeServer-Class Digital Power Design
GIGABYTE X399 motherboards use an all digital CPU power design from International Rectifier® which includes both 4th Generation digital PWM Controllers and industry-leading 3rd Generation PowIRstage®controllers. These 100% digital controllers offer incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard’s most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components, allowing enthusiasts to get the absolute maximum performance from their new AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper CPUs.IR Digital PWM & IR PowIRstage® ICs
This new generation of IR® digital power controllers and PowIRstage® ICs feature Isense technology, which provide more precise current sensing accuracy. This helps evenly distribute the thermal loading between the PowIRstage® ICs, preventing the overheating of each individual PowIRstage®, resulting in longer lifespan and better reliability.Server Level Chokes
GIGABYTE X399 motherboards feature Server Level Chokes.
• Server level reliability
• High current capacity
• New design reduces heat created by power loss and provides efficient power delivery to CPU VRM area.Gold Plated Solid Power ConnectorsMake Good Connection and Significantly Lower the Wires Capacity
GIGABYTE X399 motherboards feature gold plated ATX 24pin & ATX 12V 8pin+4pin power connectors for offering stable and affordable power supply while CPU overloading. Gold provides superior conductivity and signal transmission than standard implementations, also providing far better reliability and stability over time by resistance to metal corrosion caused by frequent use overtime.ArmorGIGABYTE X399 motherboards are designed with an aggressive stance, but looks are just the beginning. The armor on the GIGABYTE X399 motherboards are created to offer best-in-class performance while still staying cool.Base PlateGIGABYTE Motherboards are the perfect choice when starting your PC build. With an integrated base plate, GIGABYTE Motherboards give users a strong foundation to build their Gaming PC. With larger and heavier coolers, graphics cards, and even memory modules the GIGABYTE Base Plate is perfect to help support any enthusiast’s build while reducing cuts and stings from sharp areas of the motherboard.I/O Shield ArmorWith an integrated I/O shield building an GIGABYTE Gaming PC is even easier.* Gone are the days of realizing that the rear I/O was forgotten or lost.
* Integrated I/O Shields are only available on select GIGABYTE MotherboardsImmersive VR
> VR requires more performance than Full HD graphics for a steady 90FPS or greater.
> Only Gaming PCs can provide the best VR experience.Recommended configuration for VR Gaming PC*■ Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1060 / AMD RX 480 or greater, Compatible HDMI 1.4 video output
■ CPU: AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper
■ Motherboard: GIGABYTE X399 motherboards
■ Memory: 8GB RAM or greater
■ USB Ports: 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port or greater
■ OS: Windows 10 64-bit or newer*Please check VR vendor website for full system requirements.
To create a seamless VR experience GIGABYTE Motherboards offer the best features to make your virtual reality feel like your actual reality. With technologies such as NVMe support via M.2 or U.2 and a one piece metal shielding to brace for heavier discrete graphics cards it’s obvious that GIGABYTE has the tools you need to start your journey in VR. To set the mood GIGABYTE Motherboards include RGB Fusion to put you in the center of action.
Any copyrighted images or trademarks displayed are the property of their respective owners and are shown for reference purposes only. Reference herein does not constitute or imply affiliation or endorsement of Gigabyte products by the respective trademark owners.VR Gaming photo for reference only.Learn More
GIGABYTE BIOS & ApplicationsRefreshed BIOS
The BIOS is essential for users during initial setup to allow for the most optimal settings. With a new GUI and easier to use functionalities, GIGABYTE has been able to reinvent the BIOS to give users a better experience while setting up their new system.
* Photos are for reference only. Product features may vary by model.COOLINGSmart Fan 5
With Smart Fan 5 users can ensure that their gaming PC can maintain its performance while staying cool. Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange their fan headers to reflect different thermal sensors at different locations on the motherboard. Not only that, with Smart Fan 5 more hybrid fan headers that support both PWM and Voltage mode fans have been introduced to make the motherboard more liquid cooling friendly.Fan pin header Fan/Water Pump pin header Temperature SensorsDifferent models have different number of fan pin headers and temperature sensors. Smart Fan 5 function may vary by model.9 Temperature Sensors8 Hybrid Fan Headers
Temperature Sensor Cable x 2■ 9 Temperature Sensors
■ 8 Fan/Water Pump Connectors
■ All Fan Pin Headers Upgraded to Hybrid Fan Headers
■ Interoperable Fans and Sensors
■ Intuitive UI for Fan Control
Hybrid Fan Pin Headers & Temperature Sensors
Assume complete control over your liquid cooling setup! Smart Fan 5 receives up-to-the-second information on flow-rate and water-temperature through the Hybrid Fan Pin Headers or external thermistor sensors—giving you absolute mastery over your PC.
• All Hybrid Fan Headers can automatically detect the type of cooling device whether it be fan or pump with different PWM or Voltage mode.
New Smart Fan 5 SoftwareInteroperable Sensors and Fans
Each fan can be customized to operate at different speeds according to any defined temperature source input (except the CPU fan).Fan Curve
Customize fan curves based on specific temperatures with the intuitive graphical UI.
Choose from different modes, Quiet to Full Speed, to match your system usage scenario.
For each fan or pump, you can use the intuitive fan curve to define trigger thresholds and corresponding fan speeds.Learn More
CONNECTIVITYUSB with Precision Digital Fuse
Utilizing a digital fuse, motherboards are able to avert against over-current damage by reacting faster, with greater precision, and avoid unexpected voltage from external devices.Digital Fuse DesignActivates when the current reaches its trigger point, this design is much more precise than traditional fuses.Dual Intel® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software + Intel WiFi
Dual Intel® Gigabit LAN features cFosSpeed, a network traffic management application which helps to improve network latency and maintain low ping times to deliver better responsiveness in crowded LAN environments.
USB Type-C™ Front Panel Connector
Equipped with next generation connectivity onboard GIGABYTE X399 Motherboards already support the chassis of the future. The onboard USB Type-C header for USB 3.1 Gen1 makes access convenient when connecting a USB 3.1 drive or charging your new mobile device.
Fast USB 3.1 Gen 2 SolutionThe latest USB 3.1 Gen 2 offers staggering 10Gb/s transfer speeds. 2x faster than USB 3.1 Gen 1 along with backwards compatibility with existing USB devices.Connecting the Future – USB Type-C™• The World’s Next Universal Connector
• Reversible USB Type-C™ with USB 3.1 Gen 2LIGHTINGRGB Fusion with Digital LEDs
With GIGABYTE X399 Motherboards, RGB Fusion is even better with Digital LEDs.* RGB Fusion offers users the option to control onboard and external LED light strips for their PC. Already feature filled with colors and patterns, RGB Fusion on GIGABYTE X399 Motherboards are now upgraded with Digital LED support. With onboard options and external digital LED strips*, where each LED is digitally addressable, users can experience even more patterns, styles, and illuminations.
GIGABYTE X399 Motherboards will support either 5v or 12v digital LED strips. RGB Fusion with Digital LEDs comes with 9 new patterns and various speed settings with more to come.
*Digital LEDs are available only on select Motherboards, external LED Strips, Digital LED Strips are not included with Motherboard purchase.
Multi-light zones are equipped with high brightness RGB LEDs, namely the Accent LED PCH Overlay, Digital LED strips and RGBW LED strips. When it’s all set and done, your system will shine like never before.BasicAdvancedSupports RGBW & UV Light StripsIndependently Programmable Onboard Pin Header for RGBW/UV LED Strips
Not bright enough? You can install standard 12V external RGB, RGBW or RGB/UV light strips on the RGBW pin header and control its color from the RGB Fusion software. Using a RGBW light strip with a dedicated white LED, users will experience brighter and more vibrant shades of colors.
When using RGB/UV LED strips, users can give their systems a fluorescent glow with the use of UV reactive liquid, neon braided cables, and acrylic paint for a wicked-looking gaming PC.
No need to worry when choosing light strips as GIGABYTE motherboards support a wide variety of RGBW/UV light strips on the market thanks to the RGB Fusion software that allows users to redefine the pin location for the R/G/B Signal.Supports High-Peformance EK Monooblock
EK-FB GA X399 GAMING RGB Monoblock is a complete all-in-one (CPU and motherboard) liquid cooling solution for several GIGABYTE X399 based motherboards. The monoblock is equipped with a 4-pin RGB LED strip and it offers unparallel aesthetics alongside with superior performance! The RGB LED in the monoblock is compatible with GIGABYTE RGB Fusion, thus offering a full lighting customization experience!
Find out more at EKWB: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-ga-x399-gaming-rgb-monoblock-nickel
Photo for reference only.Learn More
AUDIOALC 1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with
Smart Headphone Amp
ALC 1220 120dB SNR HD Audio
The ALC1220 is a high-performance multi-channel High Definition Audio Codec with up to 120dB SNR for crystal clear audio and features such as Smart Headphone Amp, 114dB SNR recording for precise voice chats and hardware decoding of DSD128, ensuring users get the best possible audio quality from their PC.Smart Headphone AMP
Automatically detects impedance of your head-worn audio device, whether earbuds or high-end headphones to provide optimal audio dynamics—preventing issues such as low volume and distortion.
Creative SoundBlasterX 720˚
Creative’s latest top-of-the-line audio engine takes your PC audio to the next level. These comprehensive tools backed by leading technology and algorithms in audio will enrichen your experience, whether it’s streaming, gaming, listening to music, or other entertainment needs.
To find out more about SoundBlasterX 720°, click here.Learn More
ULTRA DURABLEGIGABYTE Patented Double Locking Bracket
Ultra Durable™ Memory Armor
GIGABYTE exclusive one piece stainless steel shielding design prevents against PCB distortion and twist, plate bending, in addition to preventing any possible ESD interference
START SULFURIZATION PROTECTION
Sulfur compounds in the air can penetrate tiny onboard resistors creating chemical change and causing these resistors to open or short. If either of these occurs the motherboard will fail to function. By equipping resistors with an Anti-Sulfur Design GIGABYTE gives Ultra Durable Motherboards a whole new meaning.Learn More
TriDef® SmartCam | Custom Stream Modding
To facilitate being the full streaming solution each GIGABYTE motherboard includes TriDef® SmartCam software, you are now able to remove backgrounds without the hassle of using a green screen. Through the SmartCam application you can now apply live filters, and fully control your background, not only while streaming, but also through other video applications such as Skype.
*Free 1 month TriDef® SmartCam License.