- CPUIntel® Socket 1151 for 7th/6th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
- ChipsetIntel® B250
- Memory4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
** Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2400MHz memory frequency is only supported by 7th Generation Intel® processors. Higher memory modules will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2400MHz.
** Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2133MHz and higher memory modules on 6th Generation Intel® processors will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2133MHz.
- GraphicIntegrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
– Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
- Multi-GPU SupportSupports AMD 2-Way CrossFireX Technology
- Expansion Slots1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode, red)
2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black)
3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- StorageIntel® B250 Chipset :
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
- LANIntel® I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
ASUS LAN Guard
Dual interconnect between the integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and physical layer (PHY)
- AudioRealtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
Audio Feature :
- USB PortsIntel® B250 Chipset :
6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
Intel® B250 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (4 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
- Special FeaturesASUS 5X Protection III :
– ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
– ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
– ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
– ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
– ASUS DIGI+ VRM: 4 Phase digital power design
Non-stop Durability :
– Anti-moisture coating – Outstanding protection against moisture and corrosion
– USBGuard- 120% higher voltage tolerance
– Anti-theft memory – Locked-down memory for everyday security
Non-stop Gaming :
– Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
– Audio amplifier: Provides the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers
– Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
– Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs
– Top notch audio sensation delivers according to the audio configuration Separate layer for left and right track, ensuring both sound deliver equal quality
Non-stop Challenger :
– ASUS iCafe Labs Certified – Top games and 100+ peripherals tested
ASUS Exclusive Features :
– AI Suite 3
– Ai Charger
– ESD Guards
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
– Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution & MOS Heatsink
– ASUS Fan Xpert 2+
ASUS EZ DIY :
– ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
– ASUS EZ Flash 3
ASUS Q-Design :
– ASUS Q-Slot
- Back I/O Ports1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A
4 x USB 2.0
6 x Audio jack(s)
- Internal I/O Ports1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
1 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x TPM header
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x System panel connector
1 x W_Pump+ Header
- AccessoriesUser’s manual
1 x Supporting DVD
- BIOS128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI3.0, SM BIOS 3.0, ACPI 6.0, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F12 I café super mode
- ManageabilityDMI 3.0, WOL by PME
- Support DiscDrivers
ASUS EZ Update
- Operating SystemWindows® 10 64-bit
Windows® 8.1 64-bit *1
Windows® 7 32-bit *1
Windows® 7 64-bit *1
- Form FactorATX Form Factor
12 inch x 9 inch ( 30.48 cm x 22.86 cm )
- Note*1 Windows® 8.1 64-bit and Windows® 7 32 / 64-bit are only supported when using 6th Generation Intel® Processors
Gold-plated Gb LAN
- Audio Shielding
- Separate Layer for Left/Right Track
- Premium Nichicon®Audio Capacitors
- De-pop Circuit
PCI Express 3.0 x16 (@x4)
Gold-plated PCIe 3.0×16
BUILT FOR NON STOP ACTION
ASUS Expedition: Ready for non-stop battle
NON STOP DURABILITY
Exceptional stability and protection
ASUS Expedition motherboards offer an exclusive package of unbeatable hardware and features to ensure non-stop durability, including an anti-moisture coating, gold-plated PCIe® x16 slot and LAN connector, USBGuard protection for 120%-higher overvoltage toleration, and exclusive 5X Protection III for absolute reliability.
Gold-plated PCIe x16 and LAN design
Up to 6X-stronger durability
ASUS Expedition motherboards are equipped with a premium 30-micron-thick gold-plated LAN connector, and a 15-micron-thick gold-plated PCIe x16 port to protect your investment against corrosion, and improving durability and reliability.
120% higher overvoltage protection
Exclusive USBGuard technology detects voltage changes in real time, and has 120%-higher overvoltage tolerances than standard to ensure stable and reliable input voltages — minimizing the risk of damage, and protecting your equipment.
* USBGuard supports USB2.0 device only
Protect Your Graphics Card Investment
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-molding process to integrate the slot with fortifying metal support for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
Prevent your valuable CPU being stolen
With this simple but highly-effective security device, the CPU cannot be removed easily by thieves. A tamper-proof screw prevents the CPU socket being opened without a special tool, giving you total peace of mind!
Locked-down memory for everyday security
A simple, secure design stops would-be thieves from stealing your memory modules. Just insert the modules and snap shut the two sturdy locks at either end of the slot to keep your DIMMs securely in place — all day, every day!
Water pump header
EXPEDITION B250 V7 has an integrated water-pump header that offers full control over either PWM or DC water pumps, so it’s perfect for ready-made, self-contained or custom cooling setups. The header supports a maximum current of up to 3A, so you can equip any popular water-cooling solution — enabling you to dissipate heat far more efficiently than with a traditional air-cooled system!
Fortified metal divider for added support and damage prevention
EX-B250-V7 has all new ASUS Safe DIMM technology, with a strong metal divider that won’t be damaged by clumsy insertions — protecting your investment. Insert your memory modules quickly and accurately, and with assurance that Safe DIMM will keep them firmly supported!
- SafeSlot Core
- Surge-Protected Networking
- Overvoltage Protection
- Stable Power Supply
- Stainless-Steel Back I/O
Fortified PCIe slot prevents damage
SafeSlot Core is the ASUS-exclusive PCIe slot. Featuring a fortified design that’s anchored to the motherboard by a special hook, Safeslot Core provides 1.6x stronger retention and 1.3x greater shearing resistance than standard expansion slots.
ASUS Prime motherboards have strengthened solder points around both the PCIe and DIMM pins.
Pumped-up throughput. 2.5X higher surge tolerance.
Overvoltage ProtectionAn exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators to protect your chipset, connectivity ports, and audio codecs from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
DIGI+ Voltage-Regulator ModuleThe ASUS-exclusive Digi+ VRM intelligently delivers power to the processor based on real-time demands, reducing energy waste and improving system stability.
Stainless-Steel Back I/OCorrosion-resistant stainless steel back I/O panels bonded with chromium oxide have a lifespan that’s three times (3X) longer than ordinary panels.
Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
NON STOP GAMING
ASUS Beyond VR Ready
Perfect for iCafe Owners Wanting to Expand
Epic gaming audio
Discover a whole new dimension of superior audio and get ready to rule!
- Audio shielding
Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference.
- Separate layer for left and right tracks
Ensures both channels deliver consistent, equal quality.
- De-pop circuit
Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
- Audio amplifier
Produces the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers.
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors
Provides warm, natural, and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
NON STOP CHALLENEGING
144-hr diskless solution compatibility
ASUS operates the iCafé Labs to certify Expedition motherboards for use as diskless systems, subjecting them to 144 hours of dedicated tests, including a 24-hour reboot test and 12-hour 3D Mark test with heavy loading. A total of 1,200 validation hours ensure that Expedition motherboards are ready to run non-stop — with the smooth performance you demand.
Top games and 100+ peripherals tested
ASUS iCafé Labs engineers also subject Expedition boards to lengthy stability tests in an environment that simulates a real-world internet café. We test with the top games, and with over 100 of the most popular hardware combinations, so both you and your customers are assured of the very best gaming experiences!
DISKLESS TEST24-hour reboot and 12-hour 3D Mark tests to ensure the best internet and graphics performance.
- TOP GAMES
COMPATIBILITYCertified for best gaming experience.
GAMING PHERIPHELSCertified for best gaming device compatibility.
COMPATIBLE DEVICESIncluding CPUs, memory modules, graphics cards and more.
COMPATIBILITYMore flexibility, more compatibility – support for DDR4.
VALIDATION HOURSExtensive testing for extreme reliability, compatibility and safety.
Intel CPU and chipset features
Intel® B250 Chipset
The Intel® B250 is a single-chipset design that supports 7th & 6th-generation Intel LGA1151 Core™ i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. It natively supports up to six USB 3.0 ports, six SATA 6Gbit/s ports, and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support for faster data retrieval. Intel® B250 chipset also supports iGPU functionality, so you’ll enjoy the very latest Intel integrated graphics performance.
Ready for 7th Generation and 6th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors
The ASUS EXPEDITION B250 motherboard supports 7th Generation and 6th Generation Intel Core™ i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium®/Celeron® processors in the LGA1151 package. Integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, two-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.
* Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer specification pages for full details.