- CPUIntel® Socket 1151 for 8th Generation Core™ Processors
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
- ChipsetIntel® Z370
- Memory4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
- GraphicIntegrated Graphics Processor
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DisplayPort 1.2 ports
– Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz
– Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
- Multi-GPU SupportSupports NVIDIA® 2-Way SLI™ Technology
Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™ Technology
- Expansion SlotsIntel® Z370 Chipset
2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8 or x8/x4/x4)
1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x4 mode) *1
3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- StorageIntel® Z370 Chipset :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*2
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*3
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology*4
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- LANIntel® I219V
ROG GameFirst IV
- Wireless Data NetworkWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
- BluetoothBluetooth V4.2
- AudioROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
– Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
– Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
– High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
– SupremeFX Shielding Technology
– ESS® ES9023P
– Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *5
Audio Feature :
– Gold-plated jacks
– Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
– Sonic Radar III
– Sonic Studio III
- USB PortsASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector port(s)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel, , Type-A + USB Type-CTM)
Intel® Z370 Chipset :
6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, +blue, 2 at mid-board)
Intel® Z370 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, +black, 4 at mid-board)
- ROG Exclusive FeaturesROG RAMCache II
Pre-mounted I/O Shield
Extreme Engine Digi+ :
– MicroFine Alloy Chokes
– NexFET™ Power Block MOSFET
– 10K Black Metallic Capacitors
ROG Extreme OC kit :
– ReTry button
– Safe Boot button
– Start button
– Reset button
– LN2 Mode
– One-click Overclocking
– Power On
UEFI BIOS features :
– O.C. Profile
– Tweakers’ Paradise
– ROG SSD Secure Erase
USB BIOS Flashback
Overclocking Protection :
– ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
- Special FeaturesASUS Dual Intelligent Processors 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5 :
– 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU, EPU, DIGI+ VRM, Fan Expert 4, and Turbo App
– Aura Lighting Control
– Aura RGB Strip Headers
– Aura Lighting Effects Synchronization with compatible ASUS ROG devices
– Aura Addressable Strip Header(s)
ASUS Exclusive Features :
– AI Suite 3
– Disk Unlocker
ASUS EZ DIY :
– ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
– ASUS EZ Flash 3
CPU Installation Tool
– Three-step simplicity and safety
ASUS Q-Design :
– ASUS Q-Code
– ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
– ASUS Q-Slot
– ASUS Q-DIMM
– ASUS Q-Connector
Gaming Aesthetics :
– 3D printing friendly
– AURA-RGB Lighting
- Back I/O Ports1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A + USB Type-CTM
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue)
2 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
1 x ASUS 2×2 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth v4.2 module
5 x Gold-plated audio jacks
- Internal I/O Ports1 x Aura Addressable Strip Header(s)
2 x Aura RGB Strip Headers
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
1 x TPM connector(s)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
3 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (3 x 4 -pin)
1 x AIO_PUMP connector (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x H_AMP fan connector
1 x W_PUMP+ connector (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x MemOK! button(s)
1 x Slow Mode switch(es)
1 x Reset button(s)
1 x LN2 Mode jumper(s)
1 x Safe Boot button
1 x ReTry button
1 x System panel connector
3 x 3D Mount screw port(s)
1 x EXT_Fan header
1 x W_IN header
1 x W_OUT header
1 x W_FLOW header
1 x Thermal sensor connector
1 x Start button
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector
- AccessoriesUser’s manual
4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x CPU installation tool
1 x Supporting DVD
1 x ASUS 2T2R dual band Wi-Fi moving antennas (Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compliant)
1 x MOS fan bracket kit
1 x SLI HB BRIDGE(2-WAY-M)
1 x ROG big sticker
1 x Q-Connector
1 x Extension Cable for RGB strips (80 cm)
1 x Extension cable for Addressable LED
1 x 3D printing mount package
1 x ROG coaster(s)
- BIOS1 x 128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI3.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 3.0, ACPI 6.0, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F11 EZ Tuning Wizard, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, Last Modified log, F12 PrintScreen, F3 Shortcut functions and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
- Operating SystemWindows® 10 64-bit
- Form FactorATX Form Factor
12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )
- Note*1 The PCIe x4_3 slot shares bandwidth with PCIex1_3. The PCIe x4_3 runs x2 mode by default.
*2 When the M.2_1 socket is operating in SATA mode, SATA port 1 will be disabled.
*3 When the M.2_2 socket is operating in PCIEX4 mode, SATA port 5. 6 will be disabled.
*4 This function will work depending on the CPU installed.
*5 Due to limitations in HDA bandwidth, 32-Bit/192kHz is not supported for 8-Channel audio.
- Pre-mounted I/O shieldClr CMOS button
BIOS Flashback button
- 2×2 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi
- 1 x HDMI 1.4b
1 x DisplayPort 1.24k/Ultra HD display support
- Intel I219-V Gb LANGameFirst IV
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (Type A + Type C)
- Multi-GPU SLI/CFX Support・ 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 SafeSlots (CPU)
・ 3 x PCIe 3.0 x1 slots (PCH)
・ 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot (PCH)
- SupremeFX S1220 CODEC・ ES9023P High Definition DAC
・ Impedance sense for front and rear
・ 120dB SNR stereo playback output
・ 113dB SNR recording input
Sonic Studio III・ Sonic Studio Link
Sonic Radar III
- 3D-Printing mount
- Intel LGA 1151 for 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
- DDR4 4133+ MHz (O.C.)・ 4 DIMM Dual Channel
・ XMP Support
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector
- Dual M.2 Socket 3 Type M
・ 1 x 2242~2280 (PCIe 3.0 x4 + SATA)
・ 1 x 2242~2280 (PCIe 3.0 x4)
- 6 x SATA 6G ports
- W_IN/OUT, W_Flow headers
- 2x AURA 4-pin RGB headers
1 x Addressable RGB header
AURA LIGHTING CONTROL
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the onboard RGB headers. And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
- StaticAlways on
- BreathingFades in and out
- StrobingFlashes on and off
- Color cycleFades between the
colors of the rain-
- Music effectPulses to the beat of
- CPU TemperatureChanges color with
- RainbowA rolling multi-color
- CometA stream of light
with a tail
- Flash & dashSingle-color stepped
RGB LIGHTING PERFECTED
ROG Maximus X Hero features a duo of onboard 5050 RGB headers and an addressable header that can be connected to compatible lighting strips, fans, coolers, and PC cases, creating a new world of illumination possibilities.
*The addressable RGB header supports WS2812B addressable RGB LED strips (5V/Data/Ground), with a max power rating of 3A (5V) and a max of 60 LEDs.
* The Aura RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m.
**RGB and addressable RGB LED extension cables are included. LED strips and Aura Sync-compatible devices are sold separately.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN
ASUS is the first motherboard manufacturer to support 3D printing, making it easy to customize your motherboard’s appearance and improve system performance with a range of printable parts.
EXCLUSIVE 3D MOUNT FOR EASY INSTALLATION
Dedicated 3D Mounts on the motherboard makes fitting 3D-printed parts easy. Using the same screws as M.2 drives and standard motherboard mounting holes, you can easily add nameplates, cable covers, or an M.2 fan holder in a matter of moments.
*Products with the 3D Printing Friendly logo feature the specialized 3D Mount and are also bundled with an extra 3D Mount kit.
Cover your cables for a tidier PC.
M.2 FAN HOLDER
The ASUS 3D-printed M.2 fan holder keeps temperatures low for improved performance and longevity.
ROG Maximus X Hero is equipped with a stylish, angular M.2 heatsink that keeps your SSD cool. By efficiently dissipating heat away from the M.2 area, ROG Maximus X Hero minimizes the possibility of the performance-sapping throttling that can happen when drives become too warm. The heatsink’s angular design adds an eye-catching touch to any build, while the T-sensor detects temperatures in the vital M.2 area for instant monitoring.
COOLER BY DESIGN
ROG Maximus X Hero features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS:
Multiple temperature sources
4-pin PWM/DC fan
Fan Extension Header
- Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors, for workload based cooling. All easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
2X2 802.11AC WI-FI WITH MU-MIMO
ROG Maximus X Hero is engineered with 2×2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867 Mbit/s* transfer speeds — and the very latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology** to ensure that every connected user experiences the best wireless and online speeds!
* Actual speed varies, and Wi-Fi hotspot feature operates at 802.11a/b/g/n Windows 10 does not currently support Wi-Fi hotspot functionality
**Requires MU-MIMO-ready client
MORE THROUGHPUT AND LESS PROCESSING EQUALS FASTER ONLINE PLAY
Featuring the latest Intel® Ethernet (I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming. Intel Ethernet controllers have a natural synergy with their CPUs and chipsets, reducing processor overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there’s more power for games and other tasks.
DUAL PCIE GEN3 M.2
LET YOUR SSD SCREAM AT TOP SPEED
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbit/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
DDR4 OC 4133MHZ+
ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing memory traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer, and our T-Topology layout ensures time-aligned signaling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements lead to more headroom for overclocking and improved stability, allowing memory speeds of DDR4-4133 and beyond with all slots populated.
CPU: Intel LGA 1151 i7-8700K | Motherboard: ROG Maximus X Hero |
DRAM: G.Skill F4-4133C19Q-32GTZKKF | Power: Corsair AX1500i
OC DESIGN- ASUS PRO CLOCK II TECHNOLOGY
A dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control, providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from 8th Generation Intel® processors.
ONE-CLICK OVERCLOCK AND COOLING, DONE!
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your PC smart. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of the system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
・ An automated tuning utility that optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
・ Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
・ All-new stress test that allows users to optimize and overclock for CPU or memory-centric workloads.
FLEXIBLE COOLING CONTROLS FOR AIR OR LIQUID
With ROG Maximus X Hero you have comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and even all-in-one (AIO) coolers, via either Fan Expert 4 or our award-winning UEFI. Whether you’re cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There’s also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
ROG’s awesome SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up, delivering an exceptional 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection — and that means our best-ever recording quality! We’ve also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220 codec, an ESS® Sabre Hi-Fi ES9023P digital-to-analog converter for superior front-panel output, and a Texas Instruments® RC4580 op-amp for high gain with low distortion — which all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before.
10 DAC channels, simultaneous 7.1 channel playback, independent 2.0-channel, multiple-stream stereo to front panel outputs
ESS® SABRE9023P DAC
Creates a perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of -94dB THD
Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
GOLD-PLATED AUDIO JACKS
Prevents oxidization to ensure a reliable connection
Unique design allows the codec’s impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs
ESS® SABRE9023P DAC
SONIC STUDIO III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that come from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio’s virtual surround to process sound true to life.
SCAN AND DETECT TO DOMINATE!
SONIC RADAR III
Sonic Radar III is all new – with an evolved audio engine that processes sounds more accurately than ever, ensuring you’re always aware of what’s going on around you. A new on-screen arrow has also been added to help you pinpoint the enemy position instantly!
IMPROVED AUDIO ALGORITHM
The new Sonic Radar audio algorithm is now even more accurate to allow enemies to be pinpointed with even more accuracy.
Sonic Radar III is built around it’s all new HUD with an in-game 3 dimensional arrow for a more intuitive experience.
The new audio boost feature now allows the boosted audio to be heard directly.*HUD: Head Up Display
Sonic Radar 3 is effective regardless of surrounding noise and chaos.
DIY FRIENDLY DESIGN
PRE-MOUNTED I/O SHIELD
ROG’s patent-pending I/O shield is capable of withstanding electrostatic discharge up to 12kV, and is pre-fitted to make it even easier to install the motherboard. Its sleek new design looks as good as it performs.
Overwolf is a clever, unobtrusive overlay that keeps you in the game and allows you to browse the Web, email, IM, stream or record while you play. The overlay features color-matched ROG skins that show you’re part of an elite pack. Grab it now from the Overwolf Appstore!
THE POWER OF INTEL
Intel® Z370 chipset
The Intel® Z370 chipset supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the Z370 provides a maximum of 10 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, six SATA 6Gbps ports, and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel Z370 also supports integrated-graphics, so you’ll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Ready for 8th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core processors
This motherboard supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors in the LGA1151 package, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.