- CPUIntel® Socket 1151 for 8th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
- ChipsetIntel® H310
- Memory2 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* The maximum memory frequency supported varies by processor
** DDR4 2666MHz and higher memory modules will run at max. 2666MHz on Intel® 8th Gen. 6-core or higher processors.
- GraphicIntegrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/D-Sub ports
– Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 25600 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
– Supports D-sub with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB (for iGPU exclusively)
Supports Intel® InTru™ 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider™
- Expansion Slots1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode, gray)
2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- StorageIntel® H310 Chipset :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, , with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & x2 PCIE mode)*1
4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray,
- LANRealtek® RTL8111H, 1 x Gigabit LAN
- AudioRealtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
– Supports : Jack-detection, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
– LED-illuminated design – Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
– Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
– Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
– Premium Japanese audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
* Choose the chassis with HD audio module in front panel to support 8-channel audio output.
- USB PortsIntel® H310 Chipset :
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 up to 5Gbps port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, Type-A, 2 at mid-board)
Intel® H310 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (2 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
- Special FeaturesASUS 5X Protection III :
– ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
– ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
– ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
– ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
– ASUS DIGI+ VRM: 4 Phase digital power design
– Optimem (Improved DDR4 stability)
ASUS EPU :
ASUS Exclusive Features :
– AI Suite 3
– Ai Charger
– PC Cleaner
– File Transfer
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
– Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution
– ASUS Fan Xpert
ASUS EZ DIY :
– ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
– ASUS EZ Flash 3
– ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
ASUS Q-Design :
– ASUS Q-DIMM
M.2 Onboard(The latest transfer technologies with up to 10Gb/s data transfer speeds)
- Back I/O Ports1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
1 x D-Sub
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue) Type-A, up to 5Gbps
2 x USB 2.0
3 x Audio jack(s)
- Internal I/O Ports1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & x2 PCIE mode)
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
4 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x System panel connector
1 x Speaker connector
- AccessoriesUser’s manual
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Anchor
1 x Supporting DVD
- BIOS128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, SM BIOS 3.1, ACPI 6.1, MultilanguageBIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F6 Qfan Control, F3 MyFavorites, Last Modified log, F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (SerialPresence Detect) memory information
- ManageabilityWOL by PME, PXE
- Operating SystemWindows® 10 64-bit
- Form FactormATX Form Factor
8.9 inch x 7.3 inch ( 22.6 cm x 18.5 cm )
- Note*1 When a device in SATA mode is installed on the M.2 socket, SATA_2 port cannot be used.
Due to the Chipset limitation, when a M.2 device is installed in PCIe mode, the socket is set
to PCIe 2.0.
ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboards provide the solid foundation needed for your first build, plus flexibility to grow with your ambitions. We’ve melded all the good stuff that’s packed into the latest 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with essential ASUS design and engineering, so you benefit from industry-leading technologies — including automated system tuning, comprehensive cooling controls, and immersive onboard audio. When you build with an ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboard, you build smart, easy and affordably.
ASUS Corporate Stable Model
ASUS Corporate Stable Model (CSM) is a commercial program designed to provide stable and reliable motherboards. Offering up to 36-month product lifecycle support and 6-month end-of-life notice to allow sufficient lead times for your organization to get ready for product transitions. Each purchase of an ASUS CSM motherboard comes with ASUS Control Center – server-grade IT management software.
* CSM edition of ASUS Control Center
* Lifecycle support for consumer chipsets (eg. Q370, H370, B360,H270,B250) is set at 15 months. Program offerings may vary by region. Please consult your local sales representative for more information.
ASUS Control Center
ASUS Control Center is centralized IT management software designed to provide a convenient, effective, secure and cost-saving solution for enterprises, small and medium-sized businesses, and data centers in any type of industry. With the help of ASUS Control Center, your organization will be equipped to achieve success in even the most challenging modern IT environments.
Designed to assist IT staff in monitoring and controlling devices within their corporate networks, and facilitate inventory checking in multiple locations remotely
Allows IT staff to schedule automatic updates of the latest BIOS, software and utilities to specific or all devices at off-peak times, enhancing system stability and IT operational flexibility
Securely manage endpoint configuration, portable storage access and PC software applications by enabling them to create grouping rules on individual devices
* ASUS Control Center is only available for CSM motherboards. Please consult your local sales representative for more information
Improved DDR4 stability
ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer, and our T-Topology trace layout ensures time-aligned signaling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements allow the Prime 300 Series to support a wide range of dual and quad-DIMM memory kits, while providing your rig with the stability it needs to deal with any type of workload – whether you’re gaming or running intensive applications
A larger signal eye results in improved stability, more overclocking headroom, and lower operating voltages
- Improved memory stability and compatibility
- Allows lower memory latencies at equivalent voltages
- Improved memory frequency margin
Tested by using Synopsys HSPICE simulation software
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you’ll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Prime 300 Series motherboards offer comprehensive control over system fans, via the included Fan Expert software. Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click.
Cooler by design
Prime 300 Series features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via ASUS Fan Xpert software or the UEFI BIOS.
Each header can be set to monitor and react to up to three thermal sensors. Via Fan Xpert, you can also assign a sensor to monitor the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards to ensure optimal cooling during GPU- or CPU-intensive workloads.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and Prime 300 Series has one of the best in the business.
Q-Fan ControlCan configure the fan’s operating speed manually, or use the easy pre-configured fan profiles to select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes, plus automatic switch to full speed if the temperature hits 75°C.
Search FunctionWhen you’re ready for a deeper dive, Advanced mode enables full control over every aspect of the motherboard — with a built-in Search function to find the setting you need in the blink of an eye.
USB 3.1 Gen 1 front-panel connector
USB 3.1 Gen 1 is right where you need it, with two super-speed headers for the front panel. Experience data-transfer speeds up to 10X faster than USB 2.0 with instant plug-and-play connectivity, and avoid back-breaking contortions in the hunt for hard-to-reach rear ports.
Speed up with onboard M.2
With x2 PCI Express® 2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 10Gbps data-transfer speeds. It’s the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, providing fast access to data.
Built to Last
ASUS is the world’s leading motherboard brand. Our motherboards are extensively tested for compatibility with more than 1,000 components and devices, and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8,000 hours of strict validation — offering the peace of mind of knowing that your ASUS motherboard is fit for all environments and applications. Choosing ASUS is an assurance of trouble-free DIY experiences.
Hardware safeguards to ensure long-term durability.
Industry-leading DDR4 memory compatibility for best flexibility and reassurance.
Compatibility with a range of CPUs, memory modules, graphics cards and more.
Extensive testing with latest components for enhanced reliability, compatibility and safety.
Compatible devices and components
The superior compatibility of Prime 300 Series is evidenced by our extensive list of supported devices — which includes thousands of compatible components — and our Qualified Vendor List (QVL) that identifies memory compatibility. It all adds up to more choices for worry-free PC-building experiences.
ASUS motherboards offer superb endurance. We verify this by subjecting every board to more than 8,000 hours of stringent tests. A barrage of burn-in, environmental, compatibility, software and safety tests confirm that our motherboards are exceptionally robust. It also shows that ASUS reliability surpasses industry standards, ensuring that every component is designed to function flawlessly in any environment.
Combined onboard features deliver elevated audio
Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you’ve ever experienced!
Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity.
Brighten Up Your Build
LED-illuminated control for trace paths
Built-in LED lighting options illuminate your build in a variety of eye-catching styles.
Beyond VR ready
Complete your immersion
Prime 300 series isn’t just VR ready — it goes way beyond. The ASUS Beyond VR Ready marque means that Prime 300 series has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance. ASUS Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
Intel H310 chipsetThe Intel® H310 is a single-chipset design that supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ LGA1151 processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the H310 chipset provides a maximum of four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, four SATA 6Gbps ports, and 10Gbps M.2 and PCIe 2.0 lane-speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel H310 also supports integrated-graphics, so you’ll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Ready for 8th Generation Intel LGA1151 Core processorsThis motherboard supports 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors in the LGA1151 package, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (2-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.