- CPUIntel® Socket 1151 for 8th Generation Core™ Pentium®/Celeron® Processors
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
- ChipsetIntel® Z390
- Memory4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* The maximum memory frequency supported varies by processor.
- GraphicIntegrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI-D ports
– Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 30 Hz
– Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB (for iGPU exclusively)
Supports Intel® InTru™ 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider™
- Multi-GPU SupportSupports NVIDIA® 2-Way SLI™ Technology
Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™ Technology
- Expansion Slots2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16, x8/x8, x8/x4+x4*, x8+x4+x4/x0**) *1
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode) *4
3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
* For 2 SSD on CPU support, install a Hyper M.2 X16 card (sold separately) into the PCIeX16_2 slot, enable this card under BIOS settings.
** For 3 SSD on CPU support, install a Hyper M.2 X16 card (sold separately) into the PCIeX16_1 slot, enable this card under BIOS settings.
- StorageIntel® Z390 Chipset :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, , with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*5
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
Intel® CPU with Intel® Rapid Storage Technology support (RAID 0 & RAID 1)
- LANIntel® I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
ASUS Turbo LAN Utility
ASUS LAN Guard
- AudioRealtek® ALC S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3
– Power pre-regulator reduces power input noise to ensure consistent performance
– Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
– Internal audio Amplifier to enhance the highest quality sound for headphone and speakers
– Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
– High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
– Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *6
Audio Feature :
– DTS Connect
– DTS Headphone:X
– Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
– Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
– Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
– Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
– Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs
- USB PortsIntel® Z390 Chipset :
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s)
Intel® Z390 Chipset :
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at mid-board)
Intel® Z390 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at mid-board)
- Special Features5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
– 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU, EPU, DIGI+ VRM, Fan Xpert 4, and Turbo Core App
– Procool Power connector design
– Auto Tuning, TPU, GPU Boost
– Fan Xpert 4 featuring Fan Auto Tuning function and multiple thermistors selection for optimized system cooling control
ASUS 5X Protection III :
– ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
– ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
– ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
– ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
– ASUS DIGI+ VRM: Digital 9 phase power design with Dr. MOS
ASUS Optimem II：
– Improved DDR4 Stability
ASUS EPU :
ASUS Exclusive Features :
– MemOK! II
– AI Suite 3
– Ai Charger
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
– Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution & MOS Heatsink
– ASUS Fan Xpert 4
ASUS EZ DIY :
– ASUS O.C. Tuner
– ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
– ASUS EZ Flash 3
– ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
ASUS Q-Design :
– ASUS Q-Shield
– ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
– ASUS Q-Slot
– ASUS Q-DIMM
– ASUS Q-Connector
AURA: RGB Lighting Control
– featuring system performance tuning for selected applications
M.2 Onboard(The latest transfer technologies with up to 32Gb/s data transfer speeds)
- Back I/O Ports1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
3 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (teal blue)Type-A,
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (blue) Type-A
2 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
5 x Audio jack(s)
- Internal I/O Ports2 x Aura RGB Strip Headers
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 front panel TypeC™ connector
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
3 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 6 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)
1 x TPM header
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
1 x AIO_PUMP connector (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x W_PUMP+ connector
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x Thunderbolt header (5-pin) for ASUS ThunderboltEX series support
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
1 x MemOK! II switch(es)
1 x CPU OV
1 x Power-on button(s)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x Node Connector(s)
1 x EXT_Fan header
1 x Thermal sensor connector
1 x M.2 Fan Header
- AccessoriesUser’s manual
3 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x SLI HB BRIDGE(2-WAY-M)
1 x Q-Connector
1 x SCD
1 x CPU Fan Holder
- BIOS128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, SM BIOS 3.1, ACPI 6.1, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F11 AI OC Guide, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, Last Modified log, F9 Search, F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
- ManageabilityWfM 2.0, DMI 3.0, WOL by PME, PXE
- Support DiscDrivers
ASUS EZ Update
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- Operating SystemWindows® 10 64-bit
- Form FactorATX Form Factor
12.0 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )
- Note*1 PCIEX16_1 slot supports up to 3 Intel® PCIe NVME SSDs via a Hyper M.2 X16 series Card. *3
*2 PCIEX16_2 slot supports up to 2 Intel® PCIe NVME SSDs via a Hyper M.2 X16 series Card. *3
*3 Hyper M.2 X16 series card sold separately. Install a Hyper M.2 X16 series card and enable this card under BIOS settings.
*4 The PCIe x16_3 slot shares bandwidth with SATA_5 and SATA_6. The PCIe x16_3 is default set at x2 mode.
*5 The M.2_1 socket shares bandwidth with SATA_1 port when using M.2 SATA devices. Adjust BIOS settings to use a SATA device.
*6 Only available under Windows® 10.
Dressed in professional attire, the Prime Z390 series caters to daily users and content creators with well-rounded specs and features. Combining the benefits of the latest processors with essential ASUS design and engineering, Prime Z390 provides a wealth of options for performance tuning via intuitive software and firmware features.
ASUS AI Overclocking makes automatic tuning faster and smarter than ever before. Available in Windows or directly through the UEFI, it profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration for each individual system.
CPU PotentialWe created a proprietary algorithm that evaluates the capabilities of your CPU
Cooling CapabilityThe onboard intelligence also watches system vitals like temperatures, fan speeds, and power draw to gauge cooling performance
AI OverclockingUtilizes onboard intelligence to perform automated clocking and provides target frequency and voltage estimations for savvy veterans that prefer manual tuning
Take care of complex tuning with just one click. ASUS 5-Way Optimization is a system-wide tuning utility that overclocks the processor and tunes fan speeds to ensure the best balance between cooling and acoustics. The automated CPU tuning feature of 5-Way Optimization leverages the same onboard intelligence as AI Overclocking, but goes further by running a Prime95 based stress test to deliver a result that’s well-tuned from the get-go.
Unleash your PC’s full performance with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility. The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is the intelligence behind our automated system-tuning utility, offering the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclock parameters for optimal performance.
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you’ll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode. — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
With Prime Z390-A you have comprehensive control over fans via Fan Expert 4 or our media-acclaimed UEFI. Whether you’re cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There’s also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Digi+ delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power -efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Whether you’re a professional designer or hardcore gamer, you’ll feel the benefit of the ASUS-exclusive Turbo App every day. This intuitive tool allows you to define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritize network data and optimize audio settings at app level, meaning your Prime Z390-A system is perfectly optimized for what you’re doing.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and Prime Z390-A offers one of the best in the business.
AI Overclocking GuideThe AI OC Guide allows you to enable the AI Overclocking or view a quick guide.
PredictionAI Overclocking monitors system vitals like power draw, temperatures, and fan speeds to gauge overclocking performance.
Cooler by design
Prime Z390-A features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
Each header can dynamically reference three thermal sensors, and via Fan Xpert 4 you can even map the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards to optimize cooling for GPU and CPU-intensive tasks.
Keep your SSD cooler
Prime Z390-A has an ultra-efficient heatsink to reduce M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20°C — and that means optimal storage performance and improved SSD longevity.
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbps data-transfer speeds. It’s the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, providing fast access to data.
Use the CPU’s PCIe lanes to unleash the Intel® Rapid Storage (IRST) feature with the addition of an ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card V2* that allows you to attach up to three PCIe® 3.0 x16 M.2 drives — for a total bandwidth of up to 96Gbps.
*ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2 sold separately
With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A™ and reversible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ ports, you’ll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps.
Prime Z390-A supports ThunderboltEX 3, an Intel-certified Thunderbolt™ 3 add-on card that enables bi-directional speeds of up to 40Gbps through a single cable. Thunderbolt 3 also supports daisy-chaining up to six devices, has a reversible USB-C connector for USB 3.1 compatibility, and supports USB Power Delivery for fast, high-power charging of up to 36W.
*ThunderboltEX 3 card available separately for purchase.
Outshine the competition
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the onboard RGB headers.* And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
* The Aura RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m.
** RGB LED Extension cables are included. LED Strips and Aura-compatible devices are sold separately.
Realtek codec and unique design features for pristine, powerful audio
Prime Z390-A utilizes a unique audio codec designed in close collaboration with Realtek — the Realtek S1220A. It also features an unprecedented 120dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 113dB SNR for the line-in, providing pristine audio quality. Additionally, a new impedance-sensing circuit automatically adjusts gain to ensure the optimal volume range for your headphones.
DTS Headphone:XTMSurround sound
Immersive 3D surround-sound technology provides incredible audio experiences.
Crystal Sound 3
Flawless audio that immerses you in the game
Reduces power-input noise to ensure consistent performance.
Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
Capable of driving high-impedance headphones, without rolling-off high or low frequencies.
Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity.
Intel Z390 chipsetThe Intel® Z390 is a single-chipset design that supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, the chipset provides a maximum of six USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, four USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, and 32Gbps M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support, for faster data retrieval. Intel Z390 also supports integrated-graphics, so you’ll enjoy the very latest in graphics performance.
Ready for Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron®processorsThis motherboard supports Socket 1151 for 9th Gen and 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors, with integrated graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great performance.